Stay Safe Online Security Course
Monday October17 - Brackenridge
10.00am - 11.30am
Monday October17 - Solway Park
3.00pm - 4.30pm
Everyday more businesses, organisations and home users are falling victim to online scams, hacks and malicious viruses, costing hundreds and thousands in time, money and repairs.
This 1.5 hour Technology Solutions course (in two sessions with a break for coffee) is designed in a fun, simple and straightforward way to help you understand the current threats and how you can best protect yourself against them.
This course covers:
How scams work
- Background into the “Nigerian 419 scam”
- Advance fee fraud
- What is Phishing
- The strategies being used
- How it works & how to identify suspect domain names
- What is it
- Why Spear Phishing is so successful
- Tip & tricks to identify fraud emails
- Best practice and tips for securing your mobile devices
- Do’s and don’ts
- Password best practice guide
- Tips on how to use good passwords
- What is ransomware
- How it works
- What are the consequences
- How to identify and avoid
- Safe and dangerous file attachments
- How social media settings impacts your security
- Best practice advice
"Just a quick note to say thanks for the training. It was well presented and very informative. My staff all enjoyed and gained some valuable knowledge."
Allan Pollard, Trust House
"Thank you Stephen, great job yesterday. EVERYONE learned something – even the most know it alls of the bunch. Great seminar, I hope it is a success for you with the others in the community."
Auriga, CRS Software
Cost per person is $77 incl. GST
10% Discount for groups of 3 or more.
If you would like to attend please complete the form at the link below.
Spaces are limited.